Jobs – Current Openings as of September, 2019
Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board
Part-Time Program Assistant
The Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board (UCSRB) is a nonprofit corporation formed to serve as a regional salmon recovery organization and to coordinate and implement the Upper Columbia Spring Chinook Salmon and Steelhead Recovery Plan. UCSRB board members consist of representatives from Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan Counties, the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, and the Yakama Nation. The mission of the UCSRB is to restore viable and sustainable populations of salmon, steelhead and other at-risk species through collaborative, economically sensitive efforts, combined resources, and wise resource management of the Upper Columbia River region. In concert with these efforts, the UCSRB also facilitates a forest health collaborative in the region to accelerate whole watershed restoration.
The Program Assistant plays a key role in the UCSRB team achieving organizational goals and objectives, implementing program initiatives and supporting a well-organized, fast-paced and professional office environment. The Assistant will work at times independently and, at other times, in close coordination with other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- strategic communications with local, state, federal and tribal government partners and other non-governmental organizations;
- coordination of meeting logistics, drafting agendas and summaries, preparation and follow up for meetings of the Board of Directors, Regional Technical Team, Project Implementation Team and the NCW Forest Health Collaborative;
- help draft reports and technical documents;
- data entry using Excel, QuickBooks (preferred, training offered) and web-based systems (training offered);
- management of annual office supply budget;
- help maintain and improve web-based tools and databases; and
- assist finance manager and executive director in maintaining internal controls associated with a $1 million annual budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources or related field preferred, and 1-3 years of related experience.
- Ability to take initiative and actively engage with other UCSRB team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Experienced in the use of all Microsoft Office applications.
This position is 30 hours/week with full benefits. The pay for this position is $17-$20/hour based on experience.
Call Melody Kreimes, 509-888-0321 with any questions. Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org Position open until filled. First review of resumes on Sept. 30, 2019.
The UCSRB is an equal opportunity employer.
The UCSRB prides itself on providing educational opportunities to students of all levels. In the past two years, UCSRB has provided internship opportunities to students and recent graduates in the natural sciences, as well as those pursuing degrees or careers in finance. To apply for an internship at the Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board, please fill out our Internship Application Form and email the form and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.