Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and evaluate project, and spatial and quantitative fish and habitat data to support planning and decision-making related to Recovery Plan implementation;
- manage contractor refinement of a distributed hydrology soil vegetation model and associated decision support tool;
- help maintain and support partner use of web-based tools and online databases, e.g. Snow2Flow, Salmon Recovery Portal;
- coordinate meeting logistics and draft summaries of technical meetings and committees;
- draft reports and technical documents; and
- help manage habitat project information in online Salmon Recovery Portal, QA/QC records in the database, communicate with project sponsors to ensure correct information is uploaded, and export data as needed for reporting.
- Master’s degree in hydrology, geomorphology, landscape ecology or related field and at least five years of related experience.
- Proficient in the use of ArcGIS online and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to actively engage with other UCSRB team members and regional partners.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
This position is 30 – 40 hours/week with full benefits. The pay for this position is $62,000-75,000 (at 40 hours) based on experience.
Position open until filled. Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com Call Melody Kreimes, 509-888-0321 with any questions.
Hide Job Description
The UCSRB prides itself on providing educational opportunities to students of all levels. In the past two years, UCSRB has provided internship opportunities to students and recent graduates in the natural sciences, as well as those pursuing degrees or careers in finance. To apply for an internship at the Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board, please fill out our Internship Application Form and email the form and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.