Job Announcement (access PDF here)
The LE Grant Program Coordinator manages an annual multi-million dollar grant process that strategically directs resources to voluntary, high priority salmonid habitat restoration and protection projects. The position supports project sponsors through funding proposal development; coordinates project review by a committee of local, technical experts and a committee of local citizens; and oversees development of the final list of projects that receive funding from the state Salmon Recovery Funding Board. The position also serves as a liaison between the Upper Columbia region and the Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office’s (RCO) salmon recovery program staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with project sponsors individually and in group forums to discuss the Salmon Recovery Funding Board (SRFB) process, funding allocation, and review criteria.
- Develop and coordinate the annual SRFB grant schedule with funders, the Upper Columbia Regional Technical Team (UCRTT), the Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC), with input from sponsors.
- Convene and facilitate an annual kick-off meeting for the regional SRFB funding process.
- Assist project sponsors with the preparation and submittal of SRFB pre-applications via the state’s PRISM portal and online regional application form.
- Annually, coordinate and lead project site tours during the proposal phase of the process.
- Assist project sponsors in creating presentations for the pre-application workshop.
- Provide guidance and feedback to sponsors relating to application refinement and final submittal.
- Distribute complete final applications to the UCRTT, CACs, and other funders, and provide UCRTT comments to project sponsors.
- Coordinate LE and UCRTT comments on any SRFB project amendments.
- Prepare for, facilitate, and develop summary materials for CAC review meetings.
- Support UCSRB data entry and curation of the region’s project information in the State’s Salmon Recovery Portal (SRP) database.
- Facilitate an annual debrief for the SRFB funding round with project sponsors and review committees.
- Participate and represent the Upper Columbia region at Washington Salmon Coalition (WSC) meetings and events.
- Provide recommendations to RCO and regional review groups to improve processes and provide analysis related to the key services of the Lead Entity.
- Complete annual reporting required by state and federal funders.
- Support and assist the UCSRB team and work on other key priorities as needed and assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in fisheries, natural resource, aquatic or environmental sciences, or related field and two years of experience, or 4-5 years of equivalent experience in a related field.
- Master’s degree in fisheries biology, fish and wildlife management or closely related field.
- Knowledge of state, federal and regional planning efforts pertaining to salmon recovery.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong ability to coordinate and facilitate groups effectively.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of entities, including state, federal, county and city agencies, tribes, private groups and landowners.
- General knowledge of data collection, data synthesis, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work under tight timelines with multiple and overlapping tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with standard office software applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Willingness to work a flexible hybrid schedule that includes occasional evening/weekend events and travel within the UCSRB service area, to Olympia and other locations where regional recovery meetings are held.
The salary range for this non-exempt position is $55,000 – $70,000, plus full benefits. Benefits package includes retirement, medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave.
Closing Date: Position open until filled.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]